Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Days go by...

We were on the way home from our initial setup meeting for Emma's new Karate class when Emma says "What's for dinner?"  I reply, "Fish sticks and tots."  She immediately said, "I don't like fish sticks."

That is very common no matter what my response is.  I guess at 5 years old, I can not expect much different from her.  We set up to have her first real class the next night and she says, "Can we go out to eat tomorrow night?"  I replied, "Nope, we will eat at home like we usually do."  Then Laura asked me why she couldn't say maybe.  In most cases, at least when speaking with Emma, "maybe" means "yes."  I responded with, "We're broke." I got accused of being mean for saying no and snapping for saying we're broke.  We just spent $30 to sign her up for a trial of Karate.

I know I have to work on my tone when I speak, but it still gets frustrating.  Emma is very excited about Karate though and I hope she is still excited after the trial.  I think it will be great for her.

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment