Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

if all were me...

I am pretty sure most people have thought it at one time or another and that many people have thought it many times.  If everyone in the world were like me then all the "problems" would be solved.  I am highly doubtful that there are many people out there saying, "Naw, I am certainly not the one to clone, I am just too screwed up."

I guess that is similar to people thinking that their religion is the "best" one.  We all know about religious wars and the trouble caused by people thinking their religion is tops.  People do get physical on an individual basis regularly too, over small differences in opinion.  So, people exercise their belief that "if everyone were like me, there wouldn't be any problems.

I don't think that the whole world has to be me to solve any problems.  I think the whole world should do more thinking about others instead of always having a "me first" or "only me" mentality.  I am petty sure that many problems would likely be solved if, in nearly every situation, individuals thought about how their action will affect others. Not as much about how they would feel or what their state of mind would be but instead, how they could act if you do something different.

Parking a car, for example:  You could just park your car and go, but if instead you took an extra 1.5 seconds to move up 6 inches so another vehicle could park behind you or when you park behind someone, making sure there is enough space for them to easily get out.  'Tis is a simple thing.

It is all simple things...   :)

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment