Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Work Study approved :)

While attending classes, I am allowed by the school to get up to 20 hours of work, at the school, for minimum wage.  Depending on where I work, some of it may be credited towards my degree.  There are two kinds of work, the first is an Aide which is essentially just a part-time job, the second is work-study where Financial Aid pays the department I work in up to a specified number of hours (no more than 10 in my case).

I already have an Aide position at the IT Help Desk for 16 hours a week (which may change depending on another Aides schedule that they are still waiting on) but needed to fill up that last 4 hours.  So, I took my work-study paperwork to the Conservation department and asked if there were 4 hours available doing anything anywhere.  Well, Horticulture is part of the Conservation department.  So, I am going to get two hours on two days first thing in the morning in the greenhouse!  That totally rocks for me!  Seeing as it will be from 7am to 9am, I will likely be the only one there for at least part of the time.  I can't wait to get started, even if I am only sweeping up the place, it will be awesome to work in a greenhouse!

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment